|Collection||Irma Bren Wilmunder Collection|
|Object Name||Creel, Fishing|
Brown wicker fishing creel with tin lid and brown leather strap and fittings. Basket is an oblong rectangular shape. Tin lid has compartment for storage that contains several hooks. Engraving on lid reads the initials "LMB". Leather strap is embossed with pattern. Creel contained a number of artifacts, listed below.
(3) paper labels for flys/lures
(1) fishing license
(1) small round aluminum box, inside expands to form a cup, lid is stamed with nature scene of canoe with mountain in background
(1) paper label for Higgins Shelled Hooks
(1) tobacco tin, "Edgeworth"
(1) tobacco tin, "Burly & Bright"
(1) tobacco tin, "Buckingham"
(1) sharpening block
(1) plastic container, "Shoff" - contains 2 hooks and one piece of cork
(2) plastic containers, "Compac"
(1) glass bottle, "Hy-Fly" adhesive
(1) glass bottle, "Pflueger Dryfly" fly oil
(1) lot of assorted and tangled fishing line, lures, flys, hooks, and papers.
(1) lamp, oil or kerosene
(1) fishing reel
(1) wood cylinder containing weights
|Year Range from||1915|
|Year Range to||1940|
Fishing & hunting gear
|Lexicon category||4: T&E For Materials|
|Lexicon sub-category||Fishing & Trapping T&E|